Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) and Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Canada offer UMU students the chance to either complete a Master’s Degree or conduct research contributing to their UMU Master’s Degree at Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The project runs until December of 2019 when all Degree programs and research would need to be completed.
The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) is managed through a unique partnership of Universities Canada, the Rideau Hall Foundation (RHF), Community Foundations of Canada (CFC), and Canadian Universities. This program is made possible with financial support from the Government of Canada, provincial governments, and the private sector.
The scope of the project focuses on Community Development in general, though can have many research implications such as how topics such as Microfinance, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Social Responsibility, Marketing, Information Technologies etc. relate to community
Worth of Award
It is a fully funded scholarship, including airfare, insurance, accommodations, food, tuition, winter clothing, etc.
- The project would welcome applications for degrees in the Masters of Business Administration, Masters of International Development Studies and Masters of Technology, Entrepreneurship and Innovation programs, as well as research conducted with a professor in any of these disciplines.
- The target group at UMU are the Master of Arts in Development Studies, Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Information System.
- Interested scholars should be 35 or below at the time of application and must return to their home country on completion of the study period.
- Scholars must be proficient in the language of instruction at the host university.
- He/she should possess travel documents valid for the period of exchange. Shortlisted applicants will be forwarded to Saint Mary’s University (SMU) for consideration and a formal application will be completed after selection by QES Team.
- Eligible applicants are expected to provide a concept note (150 – 300 words). This should fall within the project theme, ‘Community Development’.
How to Apply
- Application should be complete with; letter of intent, concept note, certified copies of transcript, Curriculum Vitae, sample of academic writing, passport-copy of bio-data page and three (3) recommendation letters from among others the Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies and Research and Dean of your Faculty to be submitted in soft and hard copies.
- Applications for different intakes are received 3 months prior to the start of the semester.
- If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ms. Mary Stella Apiyo, Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Deadline: application deadlines vary.