The Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT) invites applications for the PhD and Masters scholarship for applicants for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The programme awards scholarships to postgraduate students and staff from various African countries to study at one of the partner institutions. This call is for Masters applications who are willing to undertake a one year program in Applied Health Social Science at the University of Ghana.
Applicants must be nationals and/or residents in one of the following countries included in the partnership South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho
The Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT) is an EU-funded project under the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme which aims at building capacity of health professionals with a view to expand the health workforce size in the target countries and subsequently improve the well-being of communities.
The partnership is composed of University of Ghana (Ghana), Makerere University (Uganda), Uganda Martyrs University (Uganda), Stellenbosch University (South Africa), University of Nairobi (Kenya), Moi University (Kenya), Eduardo Mondlane University (Mozambique), University of Burundi (Burundi), University of Juba (South Sudan), National University of Lesotho (Lesotho), and Universite Catholique De Bukavu (Democratic Republic of Congo).
Worth of Award
The following are covered by the scholarship;
- One Round trip flight ticket and visa costs
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period (see below)
- Masters: €600 per month
- Direct participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Health, Accident, and Travel)
- Settling in allowance equivalent to the monthly subsistence allowance for the type of mobility provided upon arrival at the host institution.
- Accommodation expenses will be covered by the scholarship recipient and can be done from the monthly subsistence allowance. However, the host institution will assist in identifying a suitable accommodation for the scholarship holder.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, masters student applicants must meet all the criteria stated below:
Target Group 1 (TG 1) Applicants
- must be nationals and/or residents in one of the following countries included in the partnership South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho
- must be registered/admitted or obtained a degree from any one of the following institutions; University of Ghana, Makerere University, Uganda Martyrs University, Stellenbosch University, University of Nairobi, Moi University, Eduardo Mondlane University, University of Burundi, University of Juba, National University of Lesotho, and Universite Catholique De Bukavu.
- have sufficient knowledge of the language in which courses are offered at the host HEI.
How to Apply
Candidates are to complete two (2) applications simultaneously for admission into the programme at the University of Ghana and for scholarship;
- Application for Admission – See application guidelines and visit https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes for details to application to the University of Ghana. The deadline for submission of the online applications for all programmes under this arrangement is Friday, March 2, 2018
- Application for Scholarship – Applications forms must be emailed to [email protected] .
Deadline: applications close 23:59 GMT on Thursday, March 31, 2018.