Applications are now open for the 2014-2015 AAUW international fellowship for women to do a master’s, PhD or postdoctoral study in the US. The fellowship is sponsored by the American Association of University Women, AAUW, an is open to women worldwide who are non-US citizens and wish to study at an accredited US university for the 2014-2015 academic session. The scholarship year is from July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015.
Worth of AAUW Fellowship for the 2014-2015 session
Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowship: $18,000
Doctoral Fellowship: $20,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship in a country other than the United States (dual citizenship is not allowed) or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S.
- Academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by September 30, 2013
- Intention to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Intention to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- Master’s/First Professional Degree and Doctoral applicants must have applied by December 1, 2012, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form
- A non-refundable application fee of $30 dollars is required. However, applicants who are not in the US as at the time of application can request a waiver if they are unable to obtain US dollars or if it is a hardship for them to pay the fee
- Applicants must submit the following documents as part of the application process
- A. three letters of recommendation
- B. official transcript from appropriate schools of study
- C. diploma certificate from previous schools of study
- D. TOEFL scores or request for a waiver (if you have studied in an English speaking country)
- E. letter of admission if you have gotten one
- F. acknowledgement postcard
All supporting documents above should be mailed to:
Fellowships and Grants
c/o ACT Inc.
101 ACT Drive
P.O. Box 4030
Iowa City, IA 52243-4030
It is advisable to use a courier to send it to that address if you believe normal post may not be able to deliver by that date. They enforce deadlines.
Please download the program brochure for detailed description of the above items
Deadline: December 1, 2013
For more information about the fellowship, click here
To download the program brochure, click here