The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) in Seoul, Republic of Korea invites applications for the 4th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 20 to 26 May 2018.
Building upon the achievements, the 4th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED in 2018 will focus on developing effective advocacy strategies to maximize youth contribution in achieving SDG 4.7 through the promotion of global citizenship. Held in Seoul, the Workshop will invite 50 dynamic youth leaders around the world, including those from developing countries and representatives of marginalized groups, and the participating youth will be fully engaged in dialogue and capacity-building training for five days.
Worth of Award
- APCEIU will provide accommodations, meals and local transportation for all participants during the workshop. APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea, for those selected as fully-funded participants.
- Participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from the international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees
- Only travel insurance during the workshop will be covered by APCEIU. If participants require or wish to have health insurance during that period, all expenses should be borne individually.
Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of global citizenship at the local and national levels. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Between 18 and 24 years of age
2. Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries
3. Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
4. Knowledgeable in GCED related issues and priorities
5. Proficiency in spoken and written English
This is open to many regions among which 50 African countries are eligible to apply: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
How to Apply
- Apply online
- All selected participants must register by 10 April 2018 at the latest. Late registration will not be accepted and will be considered as cancellation of participation. In case of cancellation, the participation invitation will be forwarded to the next applicant on the waiting list.
Deadline: applications close April 10, 2018