London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine invites applications for the Lieutenant-Colonel Henry Kirkpatrick MSc Public Health for Eye Care Scholarship in the UK for the 2023/24 academic session.
This scholarship is a bequest ‘for the promotion and encouragement of study in the ophthalmic section’ in memory of Lieutenant Colonel Henry Kirkpatrick. He was interested in ophthalmology from fairly early in his career. Incidentally, his career in the Indian Medical Service provided opportunities to improve teaching and postgraduate training in pathology and ophthalmology. This happened through work in the General Hospital, Madras, the university, and the Government Ophthalmic Hospital.
Worth of Award
This full-time one-year studentship will cover:
- full tuition fees for MSc Public Health for Eye Care at the overseas fee rate, and
- GBP 19,500.00 tax free stipend towards living costs, flights and visa costs (including the international health surcharge), and
- GBP 1,500.00 towards MSc project costs, and
- GBP 1,100.00 upon successful completion of the course to be used towards attendance at the Alumni Workshop during the week of the graduation ceremony.
- This scholarship is open to all overseas applicants who hold an LSHTM offer of admission for the MSc Public Health for Eye Care course.
- Preference will be given to applicants from low to lower-middle income countries.
How to Apply
- Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references, transcripts, a CV, etc., ) are submitted. These submissions should be made via the School’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
- Similarly, a completed 2023-24 Supplementary Questions Form must be uploaded as part of the application.
Deadline: Applications close 23:59 (BST) on Sunday, April 16, 2023.