The Office of Research, Innovation, and Development (ORID) invites applications for the award of scholarships for One-year Masters studies in Public Health for the 2018/2019 academic year, funded under the WHO TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme. The scholarship is tenable at the University of Ghana, School of Public Health.
The scheme provides scholarships for full-time studies and is focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research. Implementation Research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them and is particularly useful in low- and middle-income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low and middle-income countries.
Ten (10) Master’s scholarships will be offered under the programme for the 2018/2019 academic year in the following areas:
- Master’s in Public Health
- MSc Applied Health and Social Sciences
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is tenable at the University of Ghana, School of Public Health and covers:
- One round return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Accra, Ghana.
- Tuition and academic user facility fees;
- Basic medical and accident insurance;
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation equivalent to local living cost; and
- Support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection.
- Nationals and residents from low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old at the time of application for the Master’s programme.
- Meet the standard University admission requirements for international graduate students.
- For postgraduate admission requirements at the University of Ghana, visit the how to apply to postgraduate programmes page.
How to apply
- Applications for the TDR international postgraduate scholarship must be submitted online.
- Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at the University of Ghana.