KILIMANJARO CHRISTIAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, a constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira (KCMUCo) invites applications for scholarships for Tanzanians who are interested in pursuing Master of Science Programme in Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry as well as MMED in Pathology and Microbiology & Immunology for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The college will sponsor candidates with admission in the named programs in any East African University (Tanzania, Kenya or Uganda).
The awards are available for up to a maximum of two years. The scholarship is initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual academic progress.
Worth of Award
- Value of the scholarship KCMUCo will pay tuition fees and research funds to the university according to the submitted fees structure
- and a monthly stipend to the scholarship holder, covering cost of living including accommodation.
- KCMUCo rates will apply for the monthly stipend
- All applicants must have MD/ MBChB or equivalent as first degree
- Had a minimum pass of B+ grade in the subject aspire to pursue
- Had overall minimum pass of B or GPA of 3.5
- The last university degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application
- Applicant must have an admission offer from any recognized university in East Africa or official letter showing communication with the college that assures possible admission.
- Personal motivation of the candidates as demonstrated by their personal statements and responses during interview
- In addition, applicants should be willing to remain and work at KCMC after completion of their study.
How to Apply
- You may submit your application electronically by scanning all required documents and send as attachments by email at: [email protected] or to [email protected]
Documents to be included in the application:
- Certified copies of certificates for university first degree, A level, and O level
- Certified copies of transcripts for university first degree,
- Certified copies of transcripts for ‘A’ level and ‘O’ level secondary schools
- CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Names and contact information for two referees
- Motivation letter describing why you wish to undertake this fellowship and how this will help your career (maximum one page)
Deadline: applications close March 30th, 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview on the 15th April 2018. Final selection of the candidate will be determined by the interview.