The Center for Cyber Safety and Education, Cranfield University in UK invites applications for the (ISC)2 Information Security Women’s Scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic session. These scholarships from the Centre for Cyber Safety and Education allow female students studying cyber security or information assurance to receive awards of up to US$5,000.
Eligible courses include:
- Cyber-Secure Manufacturing MSc
- Cyber Defence & Information Assurance MSc
- Cyberspace Operations MSc
- Information Capability Management
- Military Electronic Systems Engineering
- Digital Forensics MSc, PgDip, PgCert
Worth of Award
- Suitable for Applicants fromEU, Rest of World, UK
- Must be a female student pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- Must be eligible to begin the first or second year of a Master’s Degree program or pursue doctoral studies
- GPA must be at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale)
- Note: If you have just been accepted to Graduate School,or are just beginning classes, you will use the final cumulative GPA from your undergraduate degree transcript to meet these criteria:
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- May be attending on campus or online
- May be attending full time or part time
- May be attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
How to Apply
Apply online at the Center for Cyber Safety and Education website.
What you will need:
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than two pages and should be double-spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and educational backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
Deadline: applications close Mar 01, 2018