The University of Louvain (UCL) in Belgium invites applications for PhD Scholarships for students from developing countries admitted to pursue a PhD at UCL or to the Research Certificate Program (PhD in the home country institution) in the candidate’s research field in the 2018/2019 session.
The University of Louvain (UCL) holds a competition for awarding PhD scholarships to citizens of developing countries. By doing so, UCL hopes to contribute not only to reinforcing the capacity building in Cooperation for development,
Worth of Award
Recipients receive a UCL PhD scholarship that includes support for no more than 36 months and, if necessary, one or more round-trip airline tickets between the international airport nearest to the recipient’s home country residence and Brussels Airport.
To be eligible, the candidate must satisfy ALL of the following criteria:
- be from a developing country
- have the support of at least one UCL faculty member;
- be admitted by the PhD Committee (CDD) to pursue a PhD at UCL or to the Research Certificate Program (PhD in home country institution) in the candidate’s research field;
- be free from any commitment to return to a country that has funded training;
- for students who have already started their doctorate and are enrolled at UCL, not be a scholarship beneficiary.
Developing country citizens who, through their administrative status within the EU, hold Belgian student status based on a residence permit and/or social rights are not eligible.
How to Apply
- The UCL supervisor submits the candidate’s dossier using the application form by noon (Belgium time) on 30 March 2018 in a single PDF file to Mr. Christian Duqué ([email protected]).
- If needed, and regardless of the process of putting together the application, the applicant and his/her supervisor must complete the application procedure to both the subject-specific doctoral committee responsible for the chosen field of research (for UCL Ph.D. Degree) or to the research certificate (Home institution Ph.D. Degree).
Deadline: applications close March 30, 2018