• Media representatives from radio, TV, online and print
• Journalists-in-training, especially from electronic media
• Journalists and management from community radio stations
• Communication experts
• NGO employees
• Employees from ministries
• Employees from cooperative development groups and projects
• Representatives from regional working groups and national broadcasters
• Media association representatives
Worth of Award
- The scholarship is 750 EUR per month covering costs for living and accommodation. The tuition fee and the flight will be also reimbursed.
- This will cover the costs of the tuition fees of 6,000 EUR. The expenses for travelling, accommodation, and living will have to be paid by yourself.
- Those interested must have completed an academic program (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and have acquired at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field after their first degree.
- Because this is a bilingual program applicant require proof of German and English language skills. This can be acquired by taking a test at a recognized institution in your home country. The proof is not required for those who have English or German as their first language. You can find a list of recognized language tests and required levels in the download section.
How to Apply
Prospective students will have to apply through an online application system. Please read the information below, before you visit the application link.
Before you start entering your data in the online application form, please make sure you have all the documents required for application-ready:
- Letter of motivation (max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; signed and dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated)
- Certificate of your first academic degrees (including ALL transcripts)
- Evidence of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a full scholarship you must give evidence for at least two years of professional experience)
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia)
- Evidence of sufficient English language skills (TOEFL IBT: score of 83 or higher, IELTS: score of 6.5 or higher) – English language certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue
- Evidence of sufficient German language skills (TestDaF at least level TDN 3 in all four parts of the examination, Goethe Zertifikat at least level B2 or DSH at least level 1)
If you would like to apply for a full scholarship, you will be required to submit some additional documents:
- Recent recommendation letter from a University (with letterhead, official University stamp, signature, and date)
- Recent recommendation letter from your employer (with letterhead, official company stamp, signature, and date)
- DAAD application form
- High school diploma
- Regarding the English and German language skills, please be aware that you will need to provide evidence of sufficient language skills for both languages.
- If you have knowledge of only one of the two languages, this does not suffice. If one of these languages is your native language or you have completed your entire program of study in either of them, evidence of that particular language is not necessary.
Deadline: Applications close March 31, 2021