D-Prize Distribution equals Development is inviting applications for the Distribution Challenge Competition for Entrepreneurs Worldwide in 2020.
The mission of the D-Prize expands access to poverty-alleviation interventions in the developing world. Many solutions to poverty already exist. The challenge is distributing these solutions to the people who need it most. Their Programmes produce new “distribution entrepreneurs” – social entrepreneurs who start new ventures that distribute proven life-enhancing technologies to millions of people living in extreme poverty.
- Girls’ education
- Global health
- Governance and infrastructure
Worth of Award
If selected they will award you up to $20,000 USD to launch a pilot version of your new organization in any region where extreme poverty exists.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high-risk capital.
How to Apply
Visit the website and apply it by Downloading the application packet.
- ROUND 1: Submit your concept note and resume(s).
- ROUND 2: Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full 10-page proposal. You will have four weeks to submit.
- FINAL ROUND: Top entrepreneurs interview. Winners will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
- LAUNCH: Spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture and help millions of people.
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
Early Submission Deadline: June 1st, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
Regular Submission Deadline: June 22nd, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
Extension Deadline: July 13, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)