D-Prize Competition is open in USA to anyone or any teams across the world who have enormous ambition and can imagine him/herself as a successful entrepreneur. D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world. They do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges:
- GIRL’S EDUCATION
- GLOBAL HEALTH
- GOVERNANCE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Worth of Award
- All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant. If selected they will award you up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
- Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
- D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for-profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
How to Apply
- Prepare your concept note and resume, and clearly name your files. Files must be PDF and are limited to a size of 4MB each.
- Input your contact details and upload your documents to www.d-prize.org/submit
- Proposals must be submitted following the instructions in this packet.
- Extra material outside of the proposal will not be considered.
- Revisions to proposals after submission will also not be considered.
- Only one proposal per person or partnership will be considered.
- Proposals must be written in English.
Deadline: applications close as follows:
- Submission deadline for early decision round: April 2, 2018, at midnight PT
- Regular submission deadline: April 23, 2018, at midnight PT
- Extension deadline (limited to 300 people who register): May 14, 2018, midnight PT