The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) invites applications for the AMEE Student Taskforce medical education conference in UK for the 2018/2019 academic year. Every year, AMEE organizes the largest medical education conference in the world: the AMEE Conference.
In the last years, more than 3,500 participants attended the AMEE Conferences, with workshops, lectures, poster presentations, short communications, exhibitions, etc. AMEE is one of the most important organisations for medical and other health professions’ Education in the world. AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education.
They will take in account the equilibrium between students that already have experience in the Student Task Force and newcomers. Students in any healthcare profession are warmly welcome to apply.
Worth of Award
- This year, AMEE offers 40 international medical students the chance to attend the Conference for free, with financial support for travel and accommodation expenses.
- In exchange for that those students are asked to assist in basic tasks, related to helping out with practical issues and assisting participants during the conference.
- However, bear in mind that AMEE will only be able to support you with between 250-750 euros for your accommodation and travel expenses (fair share depending on travel costs).
- Students studying in any country, except Switzerland, can apply – they will try to have students from different regions of the world.
- Students from Switzerland are warmly invited to apply for the local Student Task Force for which the call has opened already through a different channel.
Any student with:
– a certain interest and/or background on medical education and other healthcare professions education;
– sufficient English skills;
– total respect for the rules and responsibilities of the Student Task Force;
– full availability for the Student Task Force working days (24 – 29 August);
– the right motivation and enthusiasm for working in an international team of students!
All applications will be judged by the Coordinators team. Selections will be made based on:
– relevant experience
– future plans for use of experience gained
– geographical and gender diversity
How to Apply
Applications are done online via their website. See link below.
Deadline: applications close March 4th, 23.59h GMT 2018