The University of Edinburgh in UK invites applications for the Doctoral Studentships open to applicants to enable researchers undertake humanities or social science doctoral degrees in any area of health starting in the 2018/2019 academic year.
They must have been accepted onto a PhD programme with an eligible host organisation in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country and you want to complete a period of research leading to a PhD in any humanities or social science area.
Worth of Award
Stipend, research expenses, and tuition fees
- You can apply for a Doctoral Studentship if you want to complete a period of research leading to a PhD in any humanities or social science area.
- You must have been accepted onto a PhD programme with an eligible host organisation in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country.
- You can be of any nationality. You should usually hold, or expect to hold, a relevant Master’s degree or have equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Stages of application
- Before you apply: It’s important to check that your application is competitive. Please read the advice in the ‘Eligibility and suitability’ section above before you apply.
- Submit your application: You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (opens in a new tab). Make sure you leave enough time for your host organization to approve your application before the deadline. The authorized organizational approver will tell you how long this will take. View the Sample full application form for Doctoral Studentships [PDF 1004KB].
- Host organization approves your application: The authorized organizational approver must approve your application before the deadline.
- Review: The Medical Humanities Early Career Expert Review Group or the Social Science and Bioethics Early Career Awards Expert Review Group will review your application, depending on the area of your proposed research.
- Decision: they give most candidates our decision by the end of May. All candidates will have been informed of our decision by the end of July.
Deadline: applications close 29 March 2018, 17:00 BST.