The University of Edinburgh in UK invites applications for the Wellcome Trust Masters Awards in Humanities and Social Science. The Wellcome Trust invites candidates to register interest for an award for eligible Masters applicants in health studies for academic year 2018-2019.
Worth of Award
- Each award will provide a student stipend and approved tuition fees for a period of one year.
- The University of Edinburgh may nominate one candidate to the Wellcome Trust for consideration for an award.
- Applicants must have been offered admission to commence a fulltime on-campus Masters programme of study in 2018-2019, to develop humanities or social science research skills and train in any area of health (for applicants within the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine the relevant programme which meets the criteria for this scholarship is the Masters in Public Health).
- Applicants must not receive support for their postgraduate studies from another funding body or have already begun a Masters programme.
- Applicants who have previously been unsuccessful with a full application for this scheme should contact the Wellcome Trust before applying again.
- You can apply for a Master’s Award if you want to develop humanities or social science research skills and train in any area of health. You must have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country.
- You should usually have at least a 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject. You can apply for a Master’s Award before you graduate, but you must have obtained your degree before taking up the award.
How to Apply
Stages of application
- Contact a university department
Register your interest with a university in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country that has a suitable Master’s programme.
University nominates one candidate to the Trust
- Each university can put forward one candidate for a Master’s Award. The candidate’s name and email address should be sent to [email protected]
- They’ll then invite you to submit a full application.
- View a sample full application form for Master’s Awards in Humanities and Social Science [PDF 831KB].
Deadline: applications close Wednesday 28th February 2018. The University of Edinburgh will select one applicant to be nominated to the Wellcome Trust by 23rd March 2018 who will be required to submit a full application by 2nd May 2018.