Alberta University in Canada invites applications for Graduate Studentships for the 2018/2019 academic year. The Graduate Studentship provides opportunities for support for individuals undertaking health-related research areas in pursuit of a Master’s or PhD at an Alberta university.
Alberta Innovates invests millions of dollars a year in health research and innovation spanning activity from the lab to the bedside to the community. Our funding programs emphasize collaborative research and innovation activity and target Albertans’ health priorities. Applications to funding competitions are reviewed by global and community experts to ensure top quality activity with the greatest promise of impact is supported.
Worth of Award
The Graduate Studentship Program will:
- $30,000 stipend and a research and career development allowance of $2,000 per year for up to 4 years (maximum of 2 years support towards a Master’s degree).
- Foster the development of high quality, broadly trained health researchers and enhance the important contribution graduate students make to the research and innovation sector.
- Provide support for both scientific training and career development and facilitate the acquisition of the professional skills crucial to achieving success in obtaining a graduate degree and in developing a successful career;
- Provide additional training and career development opportunities for trainees across a wide range of sectors
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at an Alberta university undertaking health-related training leading to a thesis-based graduate degree.
- Applicants must have completed their first year of graduate training, at the time of award implementation.
- The Graduate Studentship is tenable only at an Alberta university.
How to Apply
- Graduate Studentship recipients interested in the PLUS Option must complete the Graduate Studentship PLUS Option application form, which is available upon request.
- The application requires the Graduate Studentship recipient to provide a proposed plan outlining the linkage to their career development plan, specific objectives and the anticipated outcomes of participating in the PLUS option.
- Applications for the Graduate Studentship PLUS Option will be reviewed by a committee with results available approximately six to eight weeks following submission.
Deadline: applications still open. Deadline to be announced.