The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees.
- It will also contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Furthermore, the scholarship covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning and upon successful completion of studies.
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by August 22, 2022.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius. This is for the academic year starting in 2022.
How to Apply
Applications can be made electronically or via hard copy. Applications, alongside supporting documents should be forwarded thus: the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education,
Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected])
Deadline: Submit the duly completed application forms for the Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme electronically or via hard copy. Electronically on February 28, 2022 and in hard copy on March 7, 2022.