The University of Cologne offers 2 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship within the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences in Germany for the 2018/2019 academic year to international students.
With approximately 50,000 students, the University of Cologne is one of the largest universities in Germany and ranks among the Excellence Universities. It employs over 600 professors and 7,000 academic and non-academic staff.
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme. The Chair for Information Systems and Systems Development (Prof. Dr Jan Recker) at the Information Systems Institute at the University of Cologne conducts excellent research on (1) conceptual modeling for systems analysis and design, (2) design and use of information systems for environmental sustainability, and (3) digital innovation and entrepreneurship.
The positions are available from 1 April 2018 on a full-time basis. They are limited to 3 years, longer possible. Provided that the appropriate civil-law and personal preconditions exist, the remuneration is based on A13 Landesgesoldungsordnung A NRW.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is worth the following:
- A research-intensive, world-class research group
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models, full-time positions suitable for job sharing
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Required to hold an excellent PhD degree in information systems, management, business administration, computer science, or an affiliated field
- Relative to opportunity, have an excellent publication track record related to the areas above
- Have demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Have excellent demonstrated English writing skills
- Applicants must have excellent demonstrated English writing skills.
How to Apply
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) to jan.recker-at- wiso.uni-koeln.de with the reference number WISS1801-18.
Deadline: application closes February 16, 2018