The University of Limerick invites applications for the Stepping Stones Scholarships for non-EU students on taught MA programmes at the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, the University of Limerick for the 2018/2019 academic year.
This scholarship target international students on taught MA programmes at the Academy who have a demonstrable record in a performance and/or academic specialization relevant to a programme of study at the Academy
Worth of Award
- These scholarships are open to all applicants to be taught MA programmes at the Academy.
- There are three €1,000 general scholarships available.
- International students on taught MA programmes at the Academy who have a demonstrable record in a performance and/or academic specialization relevant to a programme of study at the Academy.
- Priority will be given to:
- applicants experiencing a demonstrable financial challenge
- applicants from parts of the world underrepresented at the Academy
- applicants with projects that resonate with the spirit of the Stepping Stones initiative: equality of art practices, an
- interdisciplinary vision, and desire to build bridges between arts practices
- applicants for programmes with a higher number of available places
How to Apply
- Applicants must apply for the programme through the normal university procedures.
- In the application form, where a candidate is asked to indicate how they will fund their study, they should indicate that they will be applying for a Stepping Stones scholarship (they should also include other forms of funding as appropriate).
- The initial application for the scholarship should be coordinated by the course director of the programme. If a candidate has been offered a place on the programme and wishes to apply for the scholarship, they should send the following to the course director:
(1) A personal letter indicating how their application meets the scholarship criteria
(2) A letter from one of the referees included on their application form, indicating how their application meets the scholarship criteria
Deadline: application closes Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 4 pm