Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership Scholarship opens for applications for Masters students from developing countries to study in Canada in 2021/2022.
This is a non-profit, CEO-led organization of leading electricity companies driving sustainable energy development worldwide through capacity-building activities and small-scale renewable energy projects.
Since 2001, GSEP has supported the next generation of electricity practitioners and academics with this scholarship. Their scholars are exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development, who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. Their one-of-a-kind Global Sustainable Electricity Scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists.
Worth of Award
- Up to $21,000 US per year (max. two years)
- Students who already receive full funding for their studies are not eligible to the scholarship. Students receiving scholarships covering their tuition fees will not be eligible to the full amount of the scholarship.
To be eligible for the Global Sustainable Electricity Scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake masters-level studies in sustainable energy development
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
How to Apply
- Fill in and prepare all the required documents
- Create an account to access the online form
- Fill in the application form and upload all required documents
- Submit your application
- The scholarship application can take up to five hours to fill in if you have all the correct information in hand. All the information entered in the form will be automatically saved and you will be able to save the application and come back to it later.
- As the volume of incoming applications is extremely high around the deadline, they strongly urge you to submit your application as early as possible. Please note that applications sent by email or mail will not be accepted.
Deadline: The application deadline for the 2021-2022 Global Sustainable Electricity Scholarship is March 8, 2021 (23:59, UTC-05:00). They will contact successful applicants directly in May and their names will be posted on their website.