The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership in Canada invites applications for scholarship mainly for masters students from developing countries for the 2018/2019 academic year.
This is a non-profit, CEO-led organization of leading electricity companies driving sustainable energy development worldwide through capacity-building activities and small-scale renewable energy projects.
The scholarship is tenable at any university. However, in order to be eligible for the scholarship, your program must focus on sustainable energy development, renewable energy and/or the power sector.
Worth of Award
- Up to $23,000 US ?per year (max. two years)
- Up to ten scholarships offered annually
- Their scholars are for exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development.
- Undertake masters-level studies in sustainable energy development
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
How to Apply
- Fill in and prepare all the required documents
- Create an account to access the online form
- Fill in the application form and upload all required documents
- Submit your application
Note: The scholarship application can take up to five hours to fill in if you have all the correct information in hand. All the information entered in the form will be automatically saved and you will be able to save the application and come back to it later.
Deadline: applications close March 9, 2018. They will contact successful applicants directly in May and their names will be posted on their website.
Click here for more details and to apply