The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls – South Africa invites applications for the 2018/2019 scholarship for girls. The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls – South Africa is a college preparatory boarding school for girls, grades 8-12, in Henley on Klip, Gauteng Province, South Africa.
They admit students of any race, colour, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programmes and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the Academy. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programmes, athletic, cultural, residential and other school-administered programmes.
Students qualify to apply for a scholarship if:
- they are academically talented and have leadership potential
- they are a South African Citizen or permanent resident
- their family or household total income before deductions is less than R10 000 per month
- they are currently in Grade 7
How to Apply
- To apply, complete the application form, print it out, and post it with a copy of your December 2017 school report, a copy of your birth certificate and the required documents.
- Applications will be disqualified if you fail to submit all the required documents. Should any information submitted be found to be incorrect or untruthful, your application will be disqualified.
- A reference check will be conducted for every application.
- If you have not heard from the Academy by 15 March 2018 your application has not been successful.
- Terms and conditions apply. No correspondence will be entered into. The Academy’s Selection Committee’s decision is final.
- The Selection Process
Once all applications have been received and screened, testing will be arranged for those applicants who meet the criteria. There are several stages to the selection process:
- Stage 1: Entrance tests: Applicants who meet the initial criteria will be invited to write entrance tests, which will be held at a number of different venues throughout South Africa.
- Stage 2: More extensive testing – academic and leadership potential. Further selection and more extensive testing of academic and leadership potential will follow.
- Stage 3: Selection camps – clinical interviews and a range of psychological assessments
- Final selection camps, lasting 2 or 3 days, will be held at the Academy later in the year.
- Stage 4: Home visits and registration: All successful students will be registered at their homes at the end of the process.
Completed application forms must be addressed and sent to:
Attention: Student Recruitment
P O Box 1485, Henley on Klip, 1962
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: applications close on February 16,2018