The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine offers John Stephenson Scholarship in recognition of John Stephenson to support an excellent candidate who would be unable to take up a place of study without this financial support for 2018/19 academic year.
This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine in 2018-19.
Worth of Award
The scholarship will cover
- 2018-19 tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP16,750.00, and
- a MSc summer project allowance of GBP 2,000.00.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- be nationals of, and resident in, low to middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank); and
- intend to return to a low to middle-income country on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study; and
- meet the School’s minimum English language requirements (as required by the School’s Admissions system); and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2018-19 from the School for one of the eligible MSc programmes of study (please see application notes below for eligible courses).
How to Apply
Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2018-19 for an eligible MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary admissions documents (including references) are submitted via the School’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option 2018-19 Scholarships (Andrée Carter & John Stephenson) from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references, transcripts, and a CV as part of their application for study).
- If you have any queries about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact our Scholarships team: [email protected]
Deadline: applications close midnight (GMT) on Sunday 18 February 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply