Google invites applications for the 2018 Summer Trainee Engineering Program, STEP in Israel which is open to all qualified university students. Students who are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology industry are encouraged to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and students with disabilities.
Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship. Google wants to inspire these students to continue in the field with such a program.
STEP candidates must be available to work full-time from 6th August 2018 – 31st October 2018, and then part-time (minimum 2 days per week) from the 31st October 2018 to 31st December 2018, as part of this program.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
Worth of Award
This summer trainee program includes:
- Software Project: A software development project that you will work on with a team of Google Engineers and other STEP Interns.
- Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills, and gain exposure to new tools and programming languages.
- Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers. Additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, tackle technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
- Mentorship: Be matched with a Google Engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
- Fun: Engage in social activities, community building and networking. Build relationships with your peers.
- Exposure: Gain a unique glimpse into applying your Computer Science studies in a professional environment.
- Students who are graduating from their Computer Science (or related) degree in 2019.
- Students who are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Students who will complete the second year of undergraduate studies by Summer 2018.
- Must have Programming experience in either Java, C++ or Python.
- Experience in programming outside of your university course.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
How to Apply
- Please click on the “Apply” button on the website to start and submit your application.
- Applications are due by 14th February 2018 at 11:59pm GMT. Their team will review applications on a rolling basis and it’s in your best interests to apply early. All hiring will be completed by May 2018.
Deadline: applications close February 14, 2018, at 11:59 pm GMT.