Southern Arkansas University in USA invites applications for the Initial scholarships for first-time freshmen coming to SAU as international students for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Recipients will be chosen by the International Office based only upon their SAT or ACT scores. Initial scholarships are limited and awarded to the students with the highest scores. These scholarships are renewable if the student maintains a good academic record as listed in the criteria below.
Worth of Award
There are three types of initial scholarships:
- Non-Resident Scholarship: An award equivalent to $1515 per semester ($3030 for the academic year).
- International Excellence Scholarship: An award equivalent to $2500 per semester ($5000 per academic year).
- Presidential Scholarship: An award equivalent to $5500 per semester ($11,000 per academic year).
- Must be applying for F-1 visa student status.
- Must be an incoming freshman student who has successfully completed secondary school and has not attended a post-secondary school.
Must meet required SAT or ACT scores.
- Non-Resident Scholarship: New SAT score of at least 1160, ACT composite of least 24.
- International Excellence Scholarship: New SAT score of at least 1270, ACT composite of at least 27.
- Presidential Scholarship: New SAT score of 1370, ACT composite of at least 30.
How to Apply
- To apply, follow the “Apply Now” button at the top of the website page and submit the International Scholarship Application.
- You will need your SAT or ACT information when you apply.
Deadline: For the Initial Scholarship: applications close March 15, 2018