The York University invites applications for its Automatic Entrance Scholarship for International students in Canada for the 2018/2019 academic session.
This scholarship is granted to international secondary school students who are applying to a direct-entry undergraduate program and are in the process of completing their secondary school diploma. This scholarship is renewable for students admitted with a final average of 95%+ only. A conditional scholarship offer will be made at the time of admission. The final scholarship amount will be determined when final grades are received. Students applying to the collaborative nursing program are not eligible for this entrance scholarship.
Worth of Award
- Scholarship values are as follows:
- 95% and higher = $3,500;
- 90 – 94.9% = $2,000;
- 85% – 89.9% = $1,000;
- and 80% – 84.9% = $500.
- This scholarship is renewable for students admitted with a final average of 95%+ only.
- International secondary school students who are applying to a direct-entry undergraduate program
- Students must be completing their studies at a Canadian secondary school offering (within or outside Canada).
- Identified scholars from select high schools around the world will be considered for these awards at the discretion of York.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum 8.00 sessional grade point average and enrol in a minimum of 24 credits each year taken during the entire academic year
How to Apply
- No application is required.
- Students will be automatically considered as part of the application process.
- Recipients at 95%+, must maintain a minimum 8.00 sessional grade point average and enrol in a minimum of 24 credits each year taken during the entire academic year (previous summer and fall/winter sessions) to be eligible for renewal.
- All credits completed during the applicable period will be used in the calculation of the gpa for renewal.
- Recipients at 95%+ who are students with disabilities may renew this scholarship by maintaining a min 8.00 GPA over a minimum 40% course load (6 credits per term).
- Students must self-identify and show proof of disability at the first time of renewal. Once lost, this scholarship cannot be regained.
Deadline: To be announced