The University of Warwick in the UK invites applications for the Chancellor’s International Scholarships for the 2019/20 academic session. They are committed to being able to ensure as many academically outstanding students as possible from around the world are able to study in the school.
The Chancellor’s International Scholarships are allocated annually via a combined postgraduate research scholarship competition and are open to all overseas students in any discipline offered at Warwick.
For 2019/20 entry there will be 25 Chancellor’s International Scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding international PhD applicants. The length of funding is 3.5 years unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly.
Worth of Award
- The full payment of overseas tuition fees (worth £22,860)
- A maintenance stipend in line with UKRI rates (provisional £15,044 for full-time award holders in 2019/20, expected to be confirmed February 2019.
- Applicants for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship must also be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2019;
- Students currently enrolled in a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only;
- Applicants must expect to be ‘overseas’ students for fees purposes, but there are no other nationality criteria;
- Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick.
How to Apply
All applicants should read the ‘Guidance notes for applicants’ carefully before completing the application form.
- New applicants can apply for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. If you are eligible for this scholarship you will be asked if you would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. Please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
- If you are in the first year of your PhD or applied before 1st August 2018 and would like to be considered for this Scholarship to fund the remainder of your studies please complete the Single Scholarship Application form.
Deadline: The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59 pm (GMT) on Friday, January 18, 2019. All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Friday 25th January 2019 at the latest. Please note no late applications will be accepted.