The University of Kent in UK invites applications for the Biosciences International Masters Scholarship for 2018 academic session. School of Biosciences has invested in a Scholarship fund to provide financial support for well-qualified overseas fee-paying students registered for our postgraduate Master’s programmes.
All eligible applicants who meet or exceed our entrance criteria will be awarded the Scholarship.
Worth of Award
All students who meet the Scholarship criteria will be presented with a cheque for £2,000 at the end of the three months review period.
The Scholarship is open to overseas fee-paying applicants to any of the following Biosciences Master’s programmes:
Taught Masters Programmes: MSc by Research Programmes:
- MSc Biotechnology and Bioengineering MSc Biochemistry
- MSc Cancer Biology MSc Cell Biology
- MSc Drug Design MSc Computational Biology
- MSc Infectious Diseases MSc Genetics
- MSc Reproductive Medicine: Science and Ethics MSc Microbiology
- MSc Science, Communication and Society.
The award is made at the end of the first three months of the student’s registration. The award is dependent on continued good academic and financial standing including full payment of tuition fees.
Scholarship holders would be expected to undertake reasonable duties to support the external profile of the School of Biosciences, for instance assisting with Open Days, outreach with the local community, working with the International Development Team and promoting the School of Biosciences in their home countries.
The student can hold the School of Biosciences International Masters Scholarship together with other scholarships for which they are eligible (e.g. the University of Kent International Scholarship for Taught Master’s students, Kent Cancer Trust Scholarship.)
How to apply
- No separate formal application is required.
- The School of Biosciences reserves the right not to allocate this award to any individual it considers ineligible.