Threads by Dreads Foundation invites applications for scholarships for College and High School students in Ghana. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide a one-time award (up to one-thousand Ghana Cedis in school aid) for the sole benefit of the award recipient.
This scholarship was established in memory of Mrs. Fedelia Adokailey Mensah, the late mother of Christiana ‘Nana’ Afotey. In 2015 Mrs. Mensah lost her battle with cancer (to learn more about Mrs. Mensah’s story and the Threads by Dreads Foundation, please visit www.ThreadsByDreads.com).
This award will carry on part of her nurturing legacy, aide in community re-investment by giving local scholars an opportunity to further their education and contribute to building a brighter future for children all over Ghana.
Worth of Award
- Funds will be paid directly to the school.
- The scholarship can cover tuition fees, costs for excursions, meal plans, school supplies/materials and any other programs related costs for the benefit of the scholar (up to 1000 Cedis).
- In order to qualify for the Mrs. Fedelia Adokailey Mensah Scholarship Award, the scholar must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Actively enrolled in school & no more than five occurrences of lateness / un-excused absences
- Maintain credit grades A & B throughout calendar school year (GPA of 3.0 and above)
- Scholar must have a minimum of 40 hours on volunteer log
- No prior outstanding tuition balances
How to Apply
- Complete this application in its entirety.
- ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
- *Please attach your official transcript/grades for each semester of the current school year, a recent picture, awards, honorable achievements and or letters of recommendations.
- All Applications should be emailed to Email: [email protected] No later than December 31 of the current year
Deadline: Applications must be turned in no later than December 31 of the current year. Scholars will be notified and awarded by May of the following year.