The University of Oulu invites applications from international students for the University of OuluScholarship Scheme for 2018 entry. The University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Scheme (IM Scholarship) provides scholarships to academically talented international students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year International Master’s programmes.
The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver. The tuition fee waiver awarded covers either 85% or 100 % of the full tuition fee depending on the programme. Applicants can apply for the tuition scholarship as part of the admissions process. University of Oulu IM Scholarships do not cover living costs.
Worth of Award
University of Oulu offers international master’s scholarships in two different categories:
85% Tuition Fee Scholarship for Oulu Business School Programmes
- covers 85% of the tuition fee in a 2-year Master’s Programme in Oulu Business School International Master’s Programmes is granted for students who are liable to pay tuition fees and who are admitted in one of the following Oulu Business School International Master’s Programmes:
- Financial and Management Accounting
- International Business Management
100% Tuition Fee Scholarship
- covers 100% of the tuition fee in a 2-year Master’s Programme in all international master’s programmes except Oulu Business School international master’s programmes
- is granted for students who are liable to pay tuition fees and who are admitted in a 2-year international master’s programme
- Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2018-19, if they meet the admissions criteria and are liable to pay the tuition fee.
- The scholarship application will be processed in the selection procedure only if the applicant meets the admissions criteria.
- In order to retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 55 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year.
- If a student does not achieve this requirement during the first year of studies, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee for the second year if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme.
- An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g. due to serious illness).
How to Apply
- There is no separate application system for the International Master’s Scholarship.
- Applications for the International Master’s Scholarship are submitted together with the application for the preferred study option in Studyinfo portal.
Deadline: The application period for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarships is January 24, 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply