The University of Oulu invites applications from international students for the University of Oulu Scholarship Scheme for 2019 entry.
The University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Scheme (IM Scholarship) provides scholarships to academically talented international students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year International Master’s programmes.
In order to retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 55 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement during the first year of studies, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee for the second year if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme. An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g. due to serious illness).
Worth of Award
The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 75% of the full tuition fee. Applicants can apply for the tuition scholarship as part of the admissions process. University of Oulu IM Scholarships does not cover living costs.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2019-20 if they meet the admissions criteria and are liable to pay the tuition fee.
- The scholarship application will be processed in the selection procedure only if the applicant meets the admissions criteria.
- Admissions and scholarships decisions will be taken at the same time. Those students successful in obtaining an International Master’s Scholarship will be notified at the same time as their offer of admission to their International Master’s programme is confirmed.
- The selection criteria for the University of Oulu IM Scholarship are based on previous academic performance and academic potential.
How to Apply
- There is no separate application system for the International Master’s Scholarship.
- Applications for the International Master’s Scholarship are submitted together with the application for the preferred study option in Studyinfo portal.
Deadline: The application period for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarships ends January 23, 2019.