The University of Warwick offers up to five fully funded Warwick Sanctuary Scholarships for postgraduate studies to support refugee, humanitarian protection and asylum-seeking students in the UK in the 2018/19 academic year.
Worth of Award
- Postgraduate Taught Scholarship: They will offer up to three scholarships to support Postgraduate Taught students looking to start their masters at Warwick in October 2018.
- These scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees for 2018/19, and a stipend equivalent to the RCUK level (provisional £14,800* for full time award holders in 2018/19) for the one year masters. * Please note this is a RCUK provisional predicted figure and is subject to change.
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship: They will offer up to two scholarships to support Postgraduate Research students looking to start their PhD at Warwick in October 2018.
- These scholarships will be awarded for up to 3.5 years and will cover the full cost of tuition fees and a stipend equivalent to the RCUK level (provisional £14,800* for full time award holders in 2018/19). *Please note this is a RCUK provisional predicted figure and is subject to change.
- Eligible applicants for the refugee scholarship scheme are able to request to waive the application assessment fee which is charged when submitting an admissions application. To submit a request to waive this fee
- These scholarships will be awarded to students of any nationality who hold one of the following statuses listed below as granted by the UK government and/or whom are academics supported by the Council for At-Risk Academics (CARA):
Full ‘refugee status’
- Postgraduate taught applicants should be looking to study a full-time postgraduate course at the University for the academic year starting October 2018.
- Postgraduate research applicants should be looking to study full time at the University from October 2018, with the flexibility to negotiate an earlier start date with their department should they be successful.
- These scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit and a supporting statement which will be provided by the prospective department.
How to Apply
- Eligible applicants should complete an online application form for the Warwick Postgraduate Taught Sanctuary Scholarships by no later than 15th March 2018.
- Applicants must also have applied for admission to the University by 15th March 2018 in order to be considered.
- In order to be considered for funding in 2018/19 both the Warwick Postgraduate Taught Sanctuary Scholarships application AND an admission application to the University must be submitted by 16th March 2018. We will be unable to consider any applications from those who have not completed both steps.
- You will be required to provide scans of the following documents to support your application:
- Front page of passport
- Main page of passport
- Copy of immigration permission, front and back where appropriate
Deadline: Application closes January 19, 2018. Outcomes of eligible scholarship applications for the Warwick Research Sanctuary Scholarship will be announced in late March 2018, and outcomes for the Warwick Postgraduate Taught Sanctuary Scholarships will be announced late April 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply