The Faculty of Arts, at the University of Antwerp in the Netherlands, invites applications from international students for full-time (100%) vacancy for a Doctoral Grant (FWO) in the area of religious history at the Ruusbroec Institute.
The international stigmatics team at the Ruusbroec Institute studies the popular response to stigmatics in seven European countries (Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Belgium, Ireland and the United Kingdom) and is currently looking for a doctoral student to work on Catholic views on pain in nineteenth-century Austria with a specific focus on Austrian stigmatics.
The start date of the scholarship will be the first of March 2018.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of religious history.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research at the Ruusbroec Institute.
Worth of Award
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.324,20 – € 2.469,08;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- You hold a Master degree in History, Philology or another field of the humanities/social sciences, and display a clear interest in religious, cultural and/or social history.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You are willing to spend time abroad.
- You are fluent in German and -ideally- have worked on German sources before.
- Research experience in Austrian archives is a plus.
How to Apply
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date.
- Your application contains the following information:
- your cv including a list of marks/grades of Bachelor and Master studies;
- your letter of motivation;
- the contact information of two referees (including e-mail, phone number and a description of your relationship with the referees);
- one writing example (e.g. chapter of MA thesis);
- a project proposal of approximately 1-2 pages.
- Deadline: applications close February 11, 2018