Kent University in UK invites applications from students with excellent research potential for the Kent Business School International Research Scholarships for 2018 academic year. This is a three-year PhD studentship, which includes Overseas tuition fees, and a stipend of £14,553 per annum (2017/2018 rate).
This Scholarship takes the form of a three-year Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) meaning PhD students receive financial support (a combined salary and maintenance grant) in return for undertaking some part-time teaching. Terms and Conditions, and Conditions of Service, can be found on the Scholarship pages.
Worth of Award
This is a three-year PhD studentship, which includes Overseas tuition fees, and a stipend of £14,553 per annum.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent research potential and will have obtained a First or 2:1 Undergraduate degree, along with a Master’s with Distinction, in a relevant subject (current Masters students can submit a partial transcript).
- Applicants must have a minimum overall score of 7.0 in an IELTS test. This requirement is waived, if an applicant is a national of a majority English-speaking country, or has completed a qualification equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree in a majority English-speaking country.
- Successful applications will normally meet all of the qualifications criteria (degrees and IELTs score). However, applicants falling short of these but with an exceptional research proposal and references may be considered.
- Open to applicants from any country. Please note that overseas students must have the appropriate documentation to evidence eligibility to work in the UK. Further information can be found on these guidance pages.
- Open to all new postgraduate research applicants, applying for September 2018 entry (current Kent research students are not eligible).
- Scholarship cannot be deferred to 2019/20.
How to Apply
- Applicants are asked to Submit a formal application to study for a PhD by 30 March 2018 for September 2018/19 entry.
- Apply for this scholarship via KBS online form by 30 March 2018.
- Skype interviews will take place the week commencing 9 April 2018.