Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme in Hungry is open to international students from more than 50 Sending Partners in 4 different continents for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year.
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between higher education institutions. Currently, more than 50 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme throughout 4 different continents.
Worth of Award
- Tuition-free education
exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies. Please see details in section 1.2.1.
- Accommodation contribution
- free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Please bear in mind that these provisions are only a contribution to the living expenses of the Scholarship Holders. It means that it does not fully cover all the costs of living and the students need to add their own financial resources in order to cover all living expenses in Hungary. All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses both in Hungary and in the city that they wish to live in before applying; please do check our Cost of Living Calculator via: http://www.studyinhungary.hu/living-in-hungary/menu/your-costs-of-living.html
- Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the responsible authorities of the Sending Partner.
- For full time programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federative Republic of Brazil, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kingdom of Thailand, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Macedonia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru), Palestine, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec* scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Cuba, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Moldova, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Singapore, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Sudan, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Israel, State of Kuwait, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Mexican States, United Republic of Tanzania.
- For partial (exchange) study programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Federative Republic of Brazil, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec* applicants), Republic of Albania, Republic of Belarus, Republic of India, Republic of Korea, Republic of Turkey, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website. See link below
- The online application system can be reached.
Deadline: application closes February 16, 2018 – noon (until 12:00 PM Central European Time)