The Shanghai University of Finance and Economics invites applications from both Chinese and international students for the Chinese University Postgraduate Program Scholarship. It is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
The Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, known affectionately by its students as “SUFE”, started life way back in 1917 – in the city of Nanjing of all places. What once started off as a mere business program, soon flourished and eventually evolved into what is now considered to be China’s top finance university (ACU University Rankings 2010-2012), and one of the top business universities.
SUFE was one of the very first universities in China to create post-doctoral research centres in the fields of economics and management, and it was also one of the leading universities to first offer MBA and EMBA programs.
The International Cultural Exchange School (ICES) of SUFE is dedicated to the admission, education, and administration of international students.
Worth of Award
- The program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, living allowance, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years.
- The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
Master programs given in English:
- International Business
- LL.M. (Master of Laws)
- Regional Economics
- MPA (Master of Public Administration)
Doctoral program given in English: Economic Law
Recommended Master programs given in Chinese:
- Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL),
- Linguistics and Applied Linguistics,
- Master of Finance (MF),
- Master of International Business (MIB),
- Master of Business Administration (MBA),
- Master of Applied Statistics (MAS),
- Master of Public Administration (MPA), etc.
How to Apply
- The application is done Online.
- To log in, submit online the completed “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” and print a hard copy.
- Copy of final diploma and degree certified and translated (if documents are not in English or Chinese) by an authorized person. Applicants who will graduate in 2019 must submit a copy of official document issued by your current university to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
- Copy of academic transcripts certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
- Study Plan or Research Proposal, It should be a minimum of 800 words written in English or Chinese.
- Two reference letters of academic or professional nature. Applicants must submit two reference letters written by professors/associate professors in Chinese or English.
- Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- A copy of language proficiency certificate. Applicants should offer certificate for TOFEL (minimum score of 550 for paper-based test, or 80 for the internet-based test) or IELTS (academic module overall band score minimum of 6.5).
- Copy of identification of your passport
- The Agency Number of SUFE is 10272. (Only applicants who put SUFE at the first-choice university place will be considered by our admission office.)
Deadline: applications close March 30, 2019.