Applications for the 2014–2015 DAAD scholarship for Africans at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) in South Africa are now open. DAAD, the German Academic Exchange Service, in association with AIMS provides five in-region scholarships for a PhD programme in Mathematical Sciences. The scholarships are available to students wishing to commence a PhD programme at a South African University.
Worth of Scholarships
Funds awarded by the scholarship must be used towards covering the costs of tuition fees, living expenses, medical insurance, books, stationery, research literature expenses, study permit and research.
- Applicants must be African nationals from Sub Saharan countries (excluding South African nationals)
- Applicants must not older than 36 years of age on the date of nomination.
- Women are particularly encouraged to submit an application.
How to Apply
You should complete an application form for a DAAD scholarship for Postgraduate Studies must be completed (available through the link below). The application form and the following documents must be submitted to the address below:
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass format)
- Recommendation by your head of department
- Copies of all university degree certificates (certified copies only)
- Copies of all university transcripts (certified copies only)
- At least temporary admission letter indicating the fees structure of the required university (original or certified copy only)
- Declaration of acceptance from academic supervisor (original only)
- Detailed and precise description of the research proposal with detailed working plan and time schedule until graduation.
Postal address to send your application package:
The Administrative Officer
DAAD PhD Scholarships
6 Merlose Road
If you have any questions about applying, please email: [email protected]
Deadline: Applications must reach AIMS by November 28, 2013. Applications will be pre-selected by AIMS before forwarding a short-list to DAAD in Bonn for final approval.