National Science Centre in Poland invites applications for PhD Studentship in Theoretical Biophysics, Simulations at Polish Academy of Sciences in Poland for 2018/2019 academic year.
The main objective of the Project is theoretical modeling of evolution of gene regulation (analytical and numerical calculations, simulations). Candidates who already have the status of Ph. D. student at the IPC PAS are exempt from the interview IPC PAS International PhD Studies.
The interview for the International PhD Studies (on-site or online) will take place on 29.1.2018. From among the candidates who have passed the interview for the IPC PAS International PhD Studies with a positive grade, the Committee will select the best candidate to be granted the scholarship in the Project.
The planned date of commencement of work in the Project for the Ph. D. student – stipendist is 1.3.2018. The candidate must have the status of an IPC PAS Ph. D. student at the latest on the day of starting work in the Project.
Worth of Award
- They offer a scholarship of ~3000 PLN/month (corresponding to a decent standard of living in Poland ~ average net salary in Poland) plus a possible rise up to ~2000 PLN/month for a good academic record.
- Master’s degree in physics, mathematics, theoretical chemistry, bioinformatics, computer science, or related disciplines.
- Motivation to scientific work
- Good knowledge of programming
- Depending on the educational background, good knowledge of fundamentals of chemistry or physics, at the academic level
- Good knowledge of statistical physics and/or theory of stochastic processes will be an asset.
- Good command of English.
How to Apply
The competition application should include:
- The documents listed under the link:
- In particular, the CV should contain:
a) information about the candidate’s knowledge of programming,
b) list of publications,
c) list of research projects in which the candidate participated.
- Consent to the processing of the candidate’s personal data for the purposes of the
- The best candidates who meet the competition requirements will be invited for the interview for the IPC PAS International PhD Studies.
- The information about the admission procedure for the International PhD Studies at IPC PAS and about the required documents can be obtained on their website.
- Competition applications should be sent be sent by e-mail to:
Anna Ochab-Marcinek, Ph. D., [email protected],
and/or to the following address: 1 Anna Ochab-Marcinek Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS ul. Kasprzaka 44/52, 01-224 Warsaw.
In the case of e-mail applications, the candidate should provide the scans of the documents with his/her signature.
Deadline: Applications close by January 15, 2018, at 16:00.