The National Parks Board (NParks) invites applications for Undergraduate Scholarship for the 2018 academic year. Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents with outstanding academic achievements, proven leadership capabilities and a stellar record in co-curricular and community/voluntary activities are invited to apply.
The National Parks Board (NParks) is responsible for providing and enhancing the greenery of our City in a Garden. Beyond building green infrastructure, NParks is actively engaging the community to enhance the quality of our living environment.
They are looking for dynamic individuals who relish a challenge. Applicants will play a key role in an effort to make Singapore greener despite intense urbanisation. You will be given opportunities to work in different divisions within NParks, which could include streetscape, parks and conservation. Outstanding scholars will also be given opportunities to work in the Ministry and other Statutory Boards.
Course of Study (3 – 4 years): Horticulture, Forestry, Botany and Environmental Science / Management
– National University of Singapore
– Nanyang Technological University
– Australian National University
– University of Melbourne
– University of New South Wales
– University of California, Berkeley
– Cornell University
– Imperial College London
Worth of Award
- All approved tuition and compulsory fees, return economy airfare, maintenance and other allowances eg.settling in.
- Bond: 6 years
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible with outstanding academic achievements, demonstrated leadership capabilities and active participation in co-curricular and community/voluntary activities.
- Dynamic individuals who relish a challenge.
- Awarded scholars will be required to serve their bond obligations with National Parks Board on completion of their studies. The bond obligations varies with the types of scholarship awarded.
How to Apply
- Do contact the following staff for more information:
Chu Ai Buay – [email protected] (DID: 6471 7323) or
Jason Soon – [email protected] (DID: 6471 7324)