The National Parks Board (NParks) invites applications for Postgraduate Scholarships for the 2019 academic year. Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents with outstanding academic achievements, proven leadership capabilities and a stellar record in co-curricular and community/voluntary activities are invited to apply.
The National Parks Board (NParks) is responsible for providing and enhancing the greenery of our City in a Garden. Beyond building green infrastructure, NParks is actively engaging the community to enhance the quality of our living environment.
They are looking for dynamic individuals who relish a challenge. Applicants will play a key role in an effort to make Singapore greener despite intense urbanisation. You will be given opportunities to work in different divisions within NParks, which could include streetscape, parks and conservation. Outstanding scholars will also be given opportunities to work in the Ministry and other Statutory Boards.
- Plant Taxonomy
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Physiology
- Plant Protection
- Soil Science
- Urban Ecology
Worth of Award
- Scholars will be funded for all related expenses incurred in their Master’s programmes in the universities.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible with outstanding academic achievements, demonstrated leadership capabilities and active participation in co-curricular and community/voluntary activities.
- Dynamic individuals who relish a challenge.
- Awarded scholars will be required to serve their bond obligations with National Parks Board on completion of their studies. The bond obligations vary with the types of scholarship awarded.
- Scholars can choose to pursue their Masters and do their research studies in universities in US, UK, Canada or Australia in the following specialised fields: Plant Breeding, Plant Physiology, Plant Protection, Soil Science, Horticulture, Plant Taxonomy, Arboriculture, Urban Ecology.
How to Apply
The application is online. Please clisk on the link below