The University of Sheffield in the UK offers an International Baccalaureate Merit Undergraduate Scholarship to international students who will study as an undergraduate at the University of Sheffield in 2023.
If you are selected for a merit scholarship, subject to the eligibility and award criteria you will be guaranteed the award in your first year of study. The scholarship is available in each of the following academic years of your course subject to scoring 60%, or above, and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. The merit scholarship is not applicable during any years in industry or any compulsory or non-compulsory years abroad as part of your degree. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1).
If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you fail to meet the conditions of your course offer you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
Worth of Award
- They have five scholarships for International Baccalaureate Diploma holders.
- Each scholarship is worth 50% of the annual undergraduate tuition fee.
- You must be studying for or currently hold the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time undergraduate degree or foundation degree programme at the University of Sheffield by . All undergraduate degree courses are eligible with the exceptions of Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- Your degree/foundation programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in 2022.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Degree programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in programme year 1 or year 2.
- For scholarship purposes, all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for any undergraduate scholarships.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
How to Apply
- You can apply for this scholarship through an online application form. The form is accessed via MUSE (their online portal for applicants).
- If you are eligible, you’ll receive an email inviting you to apply after you have been offered a place on a course at The University of Sheffield.
- You will also be considered for a range of other scholarships by applying through the same form.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is is 13:00 (UK time) on Monday, April 24, 2023.