The University of Sheffield in the UK offers an International Baccalaureate Merit Undergraduate Scholarship 2018 to international students who will study as an undergraduate at the University of Sheffield starting September 2018.
If you are selected for a merit scholarship, subject to the eligibility and award criteria you will be guaranteed the award in your first year of study. The scholarship is available in each of the following academic years of your course subject to scoring 60%, or above, and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. The merit scholarship is not applicable during any years in industry or any compulsory or non-compulsory years abroad as part of your degree. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1).
If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you fail to meet the conditions of your course offer you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
Worth of Award
- They have five scholarships for International Baccalaureate Diploma holders.
- Each scholarship is worth 50% of the annual undergraduate tuition fee.
- You must be studying for or holding the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Sheffield before 13 April 2018.
- Your degree/foundation programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2018.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Degree programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- You must have accepted the University of Sheffield as your firm choice before Friday 20 April 2018, if you have not chosen the University of Sheffield as your firm choice by this date your scholarship application will not be considered, regardless of whether you have received all your offers or not. If your status changes after this date from a scholarship ineligible status, such as insurance, to firm with the University of Sheffield your scholarship application will not be considered.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in programme year 1. The scholarship is not applicable to any students joining a degree programme at the University of Sheffield after programme year 1.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for any undergraduate scholarships.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to remove scholarship funding without prior notification.
How to Apply
- You can apply to study an undergraduate degree at the University from anywhere in the world.
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible offer holders from February onwards.
Deadline: Applications closes 16:00 (UK time) on Friday, April 20, 2018.