The China Scholarship Council and the University of Sheffield invite applications for the China Scholarship at the university of Sheffield in UK for 2018/2019 academic session. This scheme provides academically excellent Chinese students with the opportunity to study for a PhD.
The scholarships are supported jointly by the China Scholarship Council and the University of Sheffield. The Sheffield scheme for 2018/19 entry is now open.
The scholarship will cover University tuition fees, a grant for living costs and one return flight from China to the UK. Funding for each award will be up to 48 months. Successful candidates will be expected to have submitted their thesis and defended it via oral examination by month 48. The fees are provided by the University of Sheffield.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship will cover University tuition fees, a grant for living costs and one return flight from China to the UK.
- Funding for each award will be up to 48 months.
- You must be applying to start a new full-time PhD programme at Sheffield.
- You must be a national of and ordinarily resident in mainland China (not including Hong Kong or Macau). You must also be intending to return to China once your programme is completed. You will require an unconditional offer from the University of Sheffield so will be required to meet both academic and English language criteria.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, and the fit of the applicant’s proposed research programme with Sheffield’s identified research priorities:
• Health, demographic change and wellbeing
• Food security, sustainable agriculture and the bioeconomy
• Secure, clean and efficient energy
• Smart, green and integrated transport
• Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
• The changing world – inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
• Secure societies – protecting freedom and security of citizens
Candidates should be intending to pursue research in one of the priority academic areas identified by Sheffield and CSC. However, applicants to other study/research areas will also be considered subject to the availability of relevant programmes of study at Sheffield.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this scholarship you must:
1. Apply for postgraduate research at Sheffield
2. Apply for a scholarship from Sheffield.
- To be offered a China Scholarship Council scholarship, applicants must have an unconditional offer in place, therefore please ensure you apply for postgraduate research early.
3. Apply to the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for this scholarship. Please review the CSC’s Scheme introduction and Making an application webpages for more information.
Applicants must be successful with applications to Sheffield and to the CSC in order to be accepted on this scholarship programme.
Deadline: Applications close by Wednesday 24th January 2018, 5pm UK time
Click here for more details and to apply