Country of Study: Jamaica, Guyana, Iran, Ecuador, Oman, Vanuatu, Namibia, Honduras
Scholarship holders can pursue a wide range of subjects in non-English-speaking countries such as China, France, Germany and Japan, as well as in the UK and USA.
While abroad, scholarship holders will be assigned a mentor at an Overseas Mission who will support and guide them. Scholarship holders will also undergo internships – one in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) Headquarters and another at an Overseas Mission, to gain insight into MFA’s work. Sponsorship will also be provided for foreign language learning to prepare scholarship holders for future postings.
Scholarship holders will also have the option of pursuing a fully-sponsored Master’s degree if they fulfil the requirements.
Career Progression: Upon graduation, scholarship holders will be emplaced on the Public Service Leadership Programme and take up the role of a Foreign Service Officer (FSO) (Political and Economic).
Worth of Award
- Tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance and other allowances
- Return airfare (if applicable)
- Sponsorship of PSC development programmes, approved student exchange programmes, summer programmes and CCAs
- Sponsorship of Master’s degree (if requirements are met)
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who is willing to take up Singapore Citizenship
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have good academic and Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) records
- Have a GCE A Levels, International Baccalaureate, Polytechnic or NUS High School diploma, or other high school diploma/certificate. You may apply prior to receiving your final examination results. Should you be found suitable for a scholarship, you may be made a provisional scholarship offer that is subject to confirmation upon the release of your results.
For undergraduate study in non-English speaking countries: 5 years
For undergraduate study in Singapore: 4 years
How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted online via their website. See link below
Deadline: Application closes on March 15, 2018