National Institute of Education, an institute of Nanyang Technological University Singapore invites applications for the Pradap Kow Scholarship for 2018/2019 academic session. The Pradap Kow Scholarship Fund is an endowment established by the estate of Mr Koh Choon Joo (deceased) in remembrance of his wife, Madam Pradap Kow who was also a teacher during her time. The income generated from the invested fund is used to fund postgraduate scholarships.
Subject to the University’s prevailing spending policy, the scholarship may be awarded in each academic year. However, the Selection Committee can decide not to award the scholarship if there are no suitable candidates.
The Scholarship shall be awarded to the candidate for a maximum of two years of study. The candidate must, when awarded the Scholarship, undertake to study on a full-time basis.The President may, in his or her discretion, waive any of the provisions of these rules.
Worth of Award
- A monthly stipend of S$1,500, effective from the date of commencement of the Master’s programme.
- The Scholarship will also cover the amount of Research Fee and Computer Fee for a maximum of two years of study.
- There shall be no bond of service in Singapore attached to the Scholarship.
- Master’s programme (by Research) at the National Institute of Education.
- Area of research shall have direct implications for pedagogy or education policy in Singapore.
- Preference shall be given to Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents.
The area of research shall have direct implications for pedagogy or education policy in Singapore.
In making its recommendations, the selection committee shall consider the following:
- Academic record
- Research proposal
- Work experience
Applicants would also have been required to meet the general entry requirements to Masters’ programme and other specific conditions.
How to Apply
- Applications must be made on the prescribed forms and submitted to the Dean, Office of Graduate Studies & Professional Learning at the times stipulated.
Deadline: Application periods are usually in May/June and November/December, there may be changes.