National Institute of Education, an institute of Nanyang Technological University Singapore invites applications for the Tan Poey Quee(NIE-EdD) Doctor in Education Scholarship in Singapore which is designed for professionals in education and education-related fields, who would like to extend their expertise and training and develop skills in research, evaluation and reflection on practice.
Assistant Dean, Doctor in Education, assists the Associate Dean, Higher Degrees and Strategic Partnerships in overseeing the implementation, and academic and student matters, for the programme.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship shall be awarded each year up to a quantum of $18,000 per scholarship per year, renewable in the 2nd year of candidature subject.
- New students enrolling for the full-time or part-time NIE Doctor in Education programme.
- Preference shall be given to Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Applicants should not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary during the prescribed period of the Scholarship.
- Scholarship recipient must satisfactorily complete at least 4 courses in the first year of study and earn at least a 3.50 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA), and no course should be lower than a Grade Point of 2.50 (C+ grade) to be eligible for renewal of the scholarship for the next academic year.
- Scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in the programme to have the scholarship renewed for the following academic year. Any break in enrolment without an approved deferment will result in a loss of the scholarship.
- Receipt, continued receipt, or renewal of the scholarship is also contingent upon the student honouring the NTU-NIE Student Code of Conduct.
How to Apply
- Please ensure that you have met the Scholarship’s eligibility criteria before applying.
- The Scholarship’s application period coincides with the application period for admission to the NIE-EdD programme. In order to be considered, you must submit your scholarship application by the relevant January’s admission application deadline for the NIE-EdD programme.
- Completed scholarship application form must be submitted together with the hardcopy application form for admission to the NIE-EdD programme.
- Scholarships are awarded based on competition amongst shortlisted candidates.
- We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
- The application form for the Scholarship can be found.
Deadline: Application periods are usually in May/June and November/December, there may be changes.