The Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore invites applications from local or international students for National Institute of Education PhD Scholarship for 2019 academic session. The scholarship is for students seeking admission as full-time candidates pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
NTU offers higher degree studies by research leading to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in line with the increasing emphasis on research in the areas of Humanities, Education, Sciences and Physical Education.
Applicants reading the degree of PhD by research will pursue an independent but supervised research in an approved field of advanced study based on which a thesis should be between 70,000 to 100,000 words must be submitted. The award of the research degree is based entirely on the work presented in the thesis.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship award will also cover the annual tuition fee, Employer CPF Contribution (for Singapore Citizens only), one-time conference allowance (which covers airfare, conference fee and accommodation) up to $4,000 in the 3rd or 4th year and airfare grant (for International Student only) of up to $2,000 (in-bound to Singapore on the most economical route of air travel from country of origin).
- The monthly stipend will be S$3,000.
- The scholarship shall be tenable for one year in the first instance and renewed annually subject to the scholar’s satisfactory progress. The maximum period of award is 4 years from the date of admission into the PhD programme.
- You are eligible for this scholarship if you are a local or international student seeking admission as a full-time candidate pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme by research at NIE.
- The scholarship is for students seeking admission as full-time candidates pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- You must have a Second Class (Upper Division) Honours or its equivalent
- You should not be in paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
How to Apply
- No separate form is required for the application of National Institute of Education PhD Scholarship.
- You may apply for the scholarship by indicating in the online application form. Although scholarships are available during the August and January intakes, you are encouraged to apply for the scholarship for the August intake.
- Please ensure your eligibility before applying for the scholarship.
Deadline: Application period is from 1 October 2018 to 31 January 2019.