The Nanyang Technological University NTU in Singapore invites applications from international students for its NTU Research Scholarship which is awarded to outstanding graduate students for research leading to a higher degree at the University. The Scholarship consists of a monthly stipend plus a tuition fee subsidy.
The Nanyang Technological University (Abbreviation: NTU) is an autonomous research university in Singapore. NTU is consistently ranked amongst the world’s best universities in all of the major college and university rankings and is regarded as one of the top universities in the world.
Worth of Award
- The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 2 years for Master’s candidates and 4 years for PhD candidates, as determined by school as well as availability of research funding in each case.
- A monthly stipend as follows:
|For PhD candidates||For Master’s candidates|
|Singapore Permanent Resident||S$2,200||S$1,500|
|International Student 2||S$2,000||S$1,500|
- For scholars who pass the Ph.D. Qualifying Examination/Confirmation, he/she may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month. The increased in stipend is subjected to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken. The University reserves the right to vary the amount of the stipend at any time by written notice.
- In addition to the monthly stipend, the award also covers the annual tuition fee.
- Local or international student seeking admission as a full-time candidate pursuing a Graduate Research programme at NTU.
- You must have a First Class Honours or Second Class (Upper Division) Honours or its equivalent
- You should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
How to Apply
- You can apply for this scholarship when you are filling in your application form. Complete the “Application for Scholarship” section in your application form.
Deadline: Applications close by January 31, 2018