Through the generosity of The Ngee Ann Kongsi Foundation, the Ngee Ann Kongsi Postgraduate Scholarships in Social Science in Singapore opens for applications to outstanding students to pursue their studies at SUTD.
The Ngee Ann Kongsi is a foundation that is actively involved in educational, cultural and welfare activities in Singapore.
Founded in 1845 to look after the religious and welfare needs of Teochew immigrants in Singapore, the Ngee Ann Kongsi has evolved to become a significant contributor towards the enrichment of Singapore society. Its landmark buildings, premier educational institutions and cultural initiatives have touched many generations of Singaporeans.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship is valued at S$12,000 per academic year and is tenable for the normal duration (up to four years) of the respective degree programme at SUTD
- The quantum will be used towards the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant)
- No bond is attached to the Scholarship
- The recipient must take up the Tuition Grant Scheme (TGS) from the Singapore Government to enjoy subsidised fees
- The Scholarship also covers hostel fees for the entire duration of the Freshmore year, i.e. 3 terms (valid only for scholarships awarded to Singaporeans from 2016 onwards)
The Scholarship is open to Singapore Citizens or permanent residents who are pursuing a postgraduate programme in social sciences
- are enrolled in their first year of study in any undergraduate degree programme at SUTD
- have outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications
- demonstrated financial need
- possess high integrity, good moral character and conduct
- are active in 5th Row (co-curricular activities) and community involvement
- have keen interest in Chinese culture, heritage and business
How to Apply
- Application for the scholarship is made at the same time as the application for admission to SUTD.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in due course.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
- SUTD reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Deadline: Applications are open throughout the year as the universities have intakes at different times of the year