Macquarie University International Scholarship is a Full Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies. The MUIS is available across most courses to cover a range of full international tuition fees for study on campus at North Ryde in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
The MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships DO NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study. This scholarship is not available to students studying at Macquarie City Campus or the Sydney Institute of Business & Technology (SIBT).
Annual renewal of the MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship is subject to satisfactory performance in the Macquarie University degree program.
MUIS full scholarships are not available for the following courses: Master of Business Administration, Master of Management, Master of Applied Finance, Master of Advanced Surgery, Master of Surgery, and Doctor of Physiotherapy.
Worth of Scholarships: Full coverage of international tuition fees. Students are responsible for all other costs associated with their programme.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission or package offer for North Ryde by the application deadline by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.7 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 92 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
How to Apply
You should follow the following steps to apply for scholarships:
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must complete an online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- MUIS Undergraduate
- MUIS Postgraduate
Note: To apply for the MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate, applicants must nominate two referees to complete a Referee Report and applicants must also provide a ‘Statement of Purpose’ of approximately one page outlining their interest in the scholarship program and indicating how the academic qualification will benefit themselves and their community.
The ‘Statement of Purpose’ must be submitted as a Word or PDF document and has a file size limit of 256KB. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Semester 1, 2013: Apply for admission by October 1, 2012 and submit your scholarship application latest by October 31, 2012.
Semester 2, 2013: Apply for admission by April 1, 2013 and submit your scholarship application by latest April 30, 2013
For more information, and to apply, click here
To access the online admission application form, click here
To access the online scholarship application form, click here