The WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships (PBS) are awarded to individuals who are nationals of Africa/Madagascar, Asia/Pacific, Latin America/Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Middle East or Mediterranean/North Africa who wish to pursue formal studies or professional training in the field of conservation.
The aim of the WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarship Fund (PBS) is to provide financial support to individuals wishing to pursue short-term professional training or formal studies that will help them contribute more effectively to conservation efforts in their country. As a priority, PBS supports mid-career training for those working in the field of conservation and associated disciplines directly relevant to the delivery and promotion of conservation (i.e. media, law, education)
Worth of Scholarship
The maximum amount for any one scholarship under this scheme is CHF 10,000, and preferential consideration is given to requests for less than CHF 10,000.
The following six criteria will be used in the screening process:
- Application form correctly filled in, accompanied by copies of qualification certificates and letter(s) of reference.
- Evidence of conservation commitment: candidate employed in conservation or showing long-term commitment to conservation, including WWF staff or candidates working as partners with WWF.
- Candidate requesting support for study or training period lasting one year or less, starting no earlier than 1 July 2013 and no later than 30 June 2014. Requests for funding of studies beginning before 1 July 2012 can unfortunately not be considered.
- Evidence of acceptance on the desired course.
- Candidate seeking support for no more than CHF 10,000 or providing evidence of supplementary support if the costs of the course are over this amount.
- Candidate from Africa/Madagascar, Asia/Pacific, Latin America/Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Middle East or Mediterranean/North Africa.
How to Apply
- Download applications forms (the form can be downloaded with information in English, French & Spanish posted to the right of their webpage through the link below)
- Submitted the completed copies to the nearest WWF Office or Associate (the WWF Office Contacts for the Application can also be downloaded from the right of their webpage).
Deadline: January 11, 2013
For more information, and to apply, click here.