The University of Sheffield is inviting applications from international students for international merit postgraduate scholarships for 2018. The Scholarships for International Students in UK will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement.
The University of Sheffield is a premier-league, research-led institution with a population of over 25,000 students including more than 6,500 international students from over 115 countries.
Worth of Award
Merit Postgraduate Scholarships are worth 50% of the annual postgraduate tuition fee.
- To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following: East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius.
- Middle East and North Africa: Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- West Africa: Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Togo, Guinea
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time Postgraduate Masters programme studied in full at the University of Sheffield only before 15 June 2018.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) and Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- Your Masters programme must commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2018.
- You must have accepted your offer from the University of Sheffield before Friday 22 June 2018, if you have not accepted your offer by this date your scholarship application will not be considered.
- Distance learning courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- All Crossways courses and Erasmus Mundus courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
How to Apply
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible offer holders from February onwards.
- You must have received an offer by 15 June 2018.
- You must have accepted your offer from the University of Sheffield by Friday 22 June 2018.
- Applicants can apply for postgraduate study using Postgraduate Online Application Form.
- Applicants will need to include certain documents to support their application, for example evidence of your previous qualifications and a personal statement.
- They can supply these simply by uploading them to the relevant sections of your online application
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 16:00 (UK time) on Friday, June 22, 2018.
- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday July 27, 2018.