Jiangsu Provincial Government in China invites international students to apply for the 2018 Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship for Undergraduates, High School and Non-Degree Students in China 2018 aimed at promoting the development of higher education of International students in Jiangsu.
This scholarship will be provided to the excellent overseas students or scholars to undertake full-time study in universities and colleges of Jiangsu. It will also include those non-degree program students and exchange students in accordance with educational exchange agreements and MOUs between the Jiangsu Provincial Government and the governments of other states, institutions, universities and international organizations. China Pharmaceutical University is authorized as one of the host universities to accept international students under the scholarship.
Worth of Award
1. Full scholarship
- A fee waiver of tuition, registration, laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks;
- Accommodation: Free on-campus dormitory accommodation (double room),
- Monthly stipend: CNY1, 500 per month
- Students registering before the 15th of the month (the 15th included) will receive full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive half stipend of that month.
- If a registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leave.
- Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date
- Medical insurance
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students while in China.
2. Partial Scholarship
- College student: CNY 20,000 per academic year; Duration: One academic year
- Undergraduate student / Postgraduate student: CNY 30,000 per academic year; Duration: One academic year.
- Non-degree program student / Exchange student: CNY 2,000 per month;
Duration: 3 to 12 months (in accordance with the agreement).
Category of applicants:
- Excellent foreign students who wish to undertake full time study in universities and colleges in Jiangsu Province.
- Non-degree program students and exchange students in accordance with educational exchange agreements and MOUs between the Jiangsu Provincial Government and the governments of other states, institutions, universities and international organizations.
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
Applicants for both the college and undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with a good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
Applicants for the master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants must agree to obey the relevant laws of the PRC and meet the admission requirements of the host universities or colleges.
- Applicants must have a good academic record.
- Applicants cannot be recipients of other scholarships offered by the Chinese government, local governments or other organizations simultaneously.
How to Apply
- Complete the Application Form online, and upload e-copies of relevant original documents.
- Print the Application Form, sign it, and then mail it with notarized copies of the relevant documents to the Office of Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship Management Team.
- Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
- Highest diploma/degree certificate (notarized photocopy). High school students or university students shall also provide Certificate of Enrollment from the school or the university they are studying in. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors with contact details of referees.
- Other relevant documents. Please Note: Submitted documents will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
- Mailing Address: Room 2313, No. 15, West Beijing Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu, P. R. China